性别焦虑症是怎样的体验?

Inspired by their own journey as a nonbinary person, Salgu Wissmath, a photographer from Sacramento, California, decided to document feelings of gender dysphoria.

受到自己作为第三性人的经历的启发后,来自加州萨克里门托的摄影师萨谷·威斯麦斯决定把性别焦虑症的感受记录下来。

It's a term for the anguish and distress a person experiences as a result of a disconnect between their gender identity — who they feel they are — and the gender a doctor assigned them at birth.

这种病症指的是一个人的生理性别和心理性别不一致所带来的痛苦和焦虑。

Wissmath talked to a number of trans people for the project, diving into personal experiences that have marked their identities.

为了完成这次摄影项目,维斯麦斯和几个变性人进行了交流,深入探讨了他们的性别认知感受。

Here are some of their stories, highlighted by Wissmath's project:

以下就是维斯麦斯的作品所展示的几个故事:

This is th the story of Cricket.

首先是克里克的故事:

I have this memory.

我想起这样一件事来。

I just moved to this new town.

我刚刚搬到一个新的小镇。

There were a bunch of kids who I got to know and I played with a little bit.

有一群刚认识的小伙伴。

There were girls and boys.

有男有女。

Part of the play place was a lake.

我们有时会去湖边玩。

I didn't want to do what it looked like the guys wanted to do.

我不想做那些男生会做的事情。

The girls didn't quite accept me.

女生也不跟我玩。

Neither one was fitting for me at that time.

两边都融入不了。

I remember going over to the other side of the street, sitting on the bridge overlooking the brook that fed the lake, and just wondering what I am.

我记得自己会走到街的另一边,坐在桥上俯瞰着注入湖水的溪流,思考自己到底是谁。

Am I an alien?

我是个怪物吗?

I was about 5.

那时候我才五岁。

02

This is the story of Valerie 

这是瓦莱丽的故事。

I think some kinds of gender dysphoria are related to environment, kind of related to how other people interact with me.

我觉得性别焦虑症与环境有关,与周围的人如何看待我有关。

And then other facets of gender dysphoria are not triggered by anything, but just kind of how I feel about myself in the world.

而性别焦虑症当中,有些方面则与周围无关,而仅仅与我自己对自己在这个世界上的感觉有关。

A lot of my dysphoria is very physical to my body.

我的性别焦虑症的很多方面都与自己身体的生理有关。

So I really needed to be on hormones because the hormones made me physically change and I can be in my body and really be happy with myself.

所以我必须服用激素,因为这个激素可以给我带来生理的改变,这样子,我才能喜欢自己的身体。

通过“抖音”等社交平台制作上传创意短视频,参与“中国保险行业协会”官方账号发起的“一起增强免疫力动7来8”相关挑战赛活动。上传内容包括:记录丰富多彩的居家锻炼形式、展示捐赠步数的过程、保险公益活动、保险与健康的关系、保险参与抗击疫情的行动、保险知识普及等与保险功能作用及人民日常生活相关的正面宣传内容。

03

This is the story of Jady.

这是杰迪的故事。

I identify politically and internally as nonbinary and externally practice as masculine, so trans-masculine.

从政治上和内心里,我把自己作为第三性,而从外在上我扮演着男性,所以我也算是变性男吧。

Nonbinary to me is being off of the structure that was put into place to categorize/control people.

第三行对我来说就意味着打破世界给予人们的种种框架和束缚。

To me, that's the political part of the identification.

对我来说,这是政治上的身份认同的一部分。

04

This is the story of Mira.这是米拉的故事。

I'm a binary transgender woman.

我是一个变性来的女人。

So for me, there's the social dysphoria and the body dysphoria.

所以对我来说,社会上和生理上都存在性别焦虑症。

Those are really the two components.

这是两方面的因素。

I've noticed, at least in my experience, that one or the other is stronger in different people.

我发现对于不同的人来说,这两者中的其中一个会更多。

For me, it means that mixture of not only not being able to live as your gender in the world, which is the social aspect, but also just that basic dis-congruence with your body itself.

在我看来,这不仅仅意味着从社会上来说,你会显得格格不入,而且从身体上来说,你也无法与自己达成和解。

This is the story of Dani.這是丹尼的故事。

I feel like everybody has a thing with bathrooms.

我感觉每个人都会对上厕所的事大惊小怪。

I go to the bathroom during class instead of between because there is less of a chance of running into someone.

我只好在上课中途跑去上厕所,这样才不会遇到别人。

I still tend to use the bathroom of my assigned gender because it's still the safest option.

我一般还是会去用我心理上这个性别对应的厕所,又这样感觉更安全。

I do this thing where I walk in, and if somebody is at the sink, I walk really fast with my head down, so they don't look at me.

我进了厕所之后,如果水池旁边有人的话我就把头低下来,这样她们才不会看到我。

Or I'll wait in a stall if somebody else is out there, and come out after they leave.

有时我也会躲进隔间,等别人走了我再出来。

I got hit with a purse once.

有一次还有人拿包打我。

And I was like, I'm just trying to pee.

我当时的反应是我只是想撒个尿而已。

Because she thought I was a boy.

她误以为我是个男生。

I was like, that's fair, but where am I supposed to pee?

我当时想,好吧,那我应该去哪里上厕所呢?

问题

文中总共提到了几个人的故事?

留言回复正确答案,前十名朋友可以获得红包奖励哦,赶快来试试吧。

感谢关注

跟amber一起看世界

(0)

相关推荐