艾德蒙特· 斯宾塞《爱情小唱》(合集选译)

【编者按】:艾德蒙特·斯宾塞的《爱情小唱》翻译就此告一段落了,现将四首爱情小唱予以整合,方便大家收藏阅读,近来笔者考试临近,加上赴韩日期将近,公号运营且暂停一段时间更新,望诸君见谅。


艾德蒙特· 斯宾塞, (1552——1599),是十六世纪英国重要诗人,求学于剑桥大学,后结实菲利普·雪尼爵士,1580成为英国驻爱尔兰总督秘书,1598年爱尔兰人民举行反英起义,庄宅被烧,逃回国内,后病死伦敦。①

作品主要有 Shepheardes Calender(《牧童的月历》,1579)、The Faerie Queene (《仙后》,1596)。

其十四行诗写得十分出色,根据王佐良先生的注释,十四行诗写得真正出色的不过Sidney, Spenser, Shakespear三人,可见其功力,今日选的是一组名为Amoretti(为意大利语,意为little love,或者little love poems②)的十四行诗,笔者按原书选段,对应进行翻译,以此来领略其诗歌风采。


01

爱情小唱

15

Ye tradefull merchants, that with weary toyle

这些忙忙碌碌寻求着交易的商人们呐

Do seeke most pretious things to make your gain,

汝等费尽心力去搜刮珍宝来谋取利益,

And both the Indias of their treasures spoile,

并掠夺着印度和西印度群岛的财富,

What needeth you to seeke so farre in vaine?

汝等何苦舍近求远如此奔忙?

For loe my love doth in her selfe containe

其实瞧瞧我的爱人,

All this world's riches that may farre be found.

她身上就蕴含着世界可以搜寻的所有珍宝。

If saphyres, loe her eyes be saphyres plaine;

如果要找蓝宝石,你便能瞧见她的眼睛就是最为纯粹一对;

If rubies,loe her lips be rubies sound;

如果要找红宝石,你看她嘴唇就是最圆润的一枚;

If pearls, her teeth be pearls both pure and round;

如果要找珍珠,她的银牙正像珍珠完美无瑕;

If yvorie, her forehead yvory weene;

如果要找象牙,她的前额仿佛就是,

If gold, her locks are finest gold on the ground;

如果要找黄金,那她丝缕的秀发将是世界上最好的黄金,

If silver, her fair hands are silver sheene.

如果要找银条,那她美丽的双手正发着银光呢。

But that which fairest is, but few behold:

但是要说她身上最美的是,却是很少人能够看见:

Her mind, adornd with vertues manifold.

那正是她的心灵,那里装饰着无数的美德。

以上英文原文选自王佐良、李赋宁、周钰良、刘承沛 主编 《英国文学名篇选注》,

①.王佐良 等主编,《英国文学名篇选注》,P32;

②.王佐良 等主编,《英国文学名篇选注》,P33。

END


02

【编者按】:相比之前那篇,这篇更像是《伤心咖啡馆之歌》里的单恋者的自白,此处荐香黛儿的《Impossible》。


爱情小唱(54)

Of the worlds theatre in which we stay,

我们站在这个世界的舞台,

My love like the spectator ydly sits

而我的爱人则像是旁坐的观众

Beholding me that all the pageants play,

看着我扮演着找各种各样的角色,

Disguysing diversly my troubled wits.

纷繁的表演掩饰着我不安的内心。

Sometimes I joy when glad occasion fits,

偶尔我会适时喜悦,

And mask in myrth lyke to a comedy:

戴上笑容的面具就像一场喜剧:

Soone after when my joy to sorrow flits,

很快喜悦便化为悲伤,

I waile and make my woes a tragedy.

我愁苦地将伤痛扭成一场悲剧。

Yet she, beholding me with constant eye,

然而她,用平静的双眸冷冷注视,

Delights not in my merth nor rues my smart:

不因我的喜悦而欢欣,也不因我的伤痛而悲哀:

But when I laugh she mocks, and when I cry

但是当我喜悦的时候她却嘲笑,而当我哭泣的时候

She laughs and hardens evermore her heart.

她却欢欣异常甚至更加铁石了心肠。

What then can move her? if nor merth nor mone,

什么才能够打动她呢?如果不是欢欣或是哀愁,

She is no woman, but a senseless stone.

大概她不是什么女人,而是一块无情的石头。

以上英文原文选自王佐良、李赋宁、周钰良、刘承沛 主编 《英国文学名篇选注》。

END


03

【编者按】:这首诗正如王佐良先生一样,是在劝说诗人所爱的女孩要抓住时机接受爱情,不然时光稍纵即逝。诗人站在男性视角上,希望女孩好好把握时机,在适时赶上爱情的班车,否则错过了就再难挽回。


爱情小唱 70

Fresh spring the herald of loves mighty king,

清新的春天,你这爱情的先驱,高傲的帝王,

In whose cote armour richly are displayd

辉煌的臂章在闪耀

All sort of flowers the which on earth do spring

丛花因此在大地绽放

In goodly colours gloriously array.

以鲜艳的颜色及炫丽的姿态。

Goe to my love, where she is careless layd,

去找寻吾爱,她正随意地躺着,

Yet in her winters bowre not well awake:

在她冬日的闺房还没有苏醒:

Tell her the joyous time wil not be staid

告诉她快乐的时光不会为她停留

Unless she doe him by the forelock take.①

除非她抓住了时间的尾巴。

Bid her therefore her selfe soone ready make,

但愿她因此快快将自己整理端庄,

To wayt on love amongst his lovely crew:

在可爱闺侣们陪伴中等待着爱情降临:

Where every one that misseth then her make,

倘若任何人错过了她的爱侣,

Shall be by him amearest with penance dew.

那她便会受到应有的惩罚。

Make hast therefore sweet love, whilest it is prime,

所以尽快,我的小可爱,当此时春光正好,

For none can call againe the passed time.

因为没人能让昨日重现。


以上英文原文选自王佐良、李赋宁、周钰良、刘承沛 主编 《英国文学名篇选注》。

① 原文意为:take time by the forelock,抓住时间前额的头发,俗语,意译则为抓住时间的尾巴。

END


04

【编者按】:这是一首极美的诗,献给天下有情人。


爱情小唱(75)

One day I wrote her name upon the strand,

一天,我在海滩边写上你的名字,

But came the waves and washed it away:

然而海浪涌来将其洗去;

Agayne I wrote it with a second hand,

再一次,我用另一只手写上,

But came the tyde, and make my paynes his pray.

然而潮水也再次涌来,让我心血成空。

"vayne man," sayd she, "the doest in vaine assay,

“痴心妄想的人呐,”她说,“别再如此徒劳,

A mortall thing so to immortalize,

想让必凋之物变成永恒,

For I my selve shall lyke to this decay,

连我自己都会腐朽消亡,

And eek my name  bee wyped out lykewize.”

同样我的名字也将随风而逝。”

“Not so,” quote I, "let baser things devize,

“不是这样的,”我回答说,“任邪念销蚀,

To dy in dust, but you shall live by fame:

纵使我们终在尘土消亡,但你的声名却将延续,

My verse your vertues rare shall eternize.

在我的诗篇中,你不朽的美德终将永生。

And in the heavens  wryte your glorious name,

天堂里将写上你充满荣光的芳名,

Where whenas death shall all the world subdew,

虽然死亡终将征服这个世界,

Our love shall live, and later life renew."

但我们的爱终将延续,并在下世获得重生。

以上英文原文选自王佐良、李赋宁、周钰良、刘承沛 主编 《英国文学名篇选注》。

END

(0)

相关推荐