旅游出国必备218句地道口语,走遍美国都不怕!
13.I’m beat.
我累死了。
14.I’ll back you up all the way.
我完全支持你。
15.It’s a lot of chicken feed.
这是小意思,不算什么。
16.Cut it out.= Go on. =Knock it off.
不要这个样子啦。
17.Do to hell.
滚蛋!
18.Stop pulling my leg.
不要开我玩笑了。
19.Don’t jump on me.
不要跟我发火。
20.No dice.
不行。
21.He always goofs off.
他总是糊里糊涂。
22.So,you finally broke the ice.
你终于打破了僵局。
23.Nuts!
胡说!
24.He is a nut.
他有点神经病。
25.It’s on the house.
这是免费的。
26.Don’t panic.
不要慌啊!
27.He is a phoney.
他是一个骗子。
28.He was put on the spot.
他已经给人打死了。
29.He’s down and out.
他已经完了。
30.That will be the day.
要有这么一天就好了。
31.Don't push me.
别逼我。
32.Don't give me your attitude.
别跟我摆架子。
33.Don't dream away your time.
不要虚度光阴。
34.Don't you dare come back again?
你敢再回来!
35.A flash in the pan.
昙花一现。
36.He always likes to play a lone hand.
他喜欢单枪匹马地去干。
37.That boy never says uncle.
那个孩子的嘴特别硬。
38.You rose to the bait.
你中圈套了。
39.Play to the score.
见机行事。
40.I'm from Missouri.
你骗不了我。
41.He's a brain.
他可是个有头脑的人。
42.This draught occurs once in a blue moon.
这场旱灾是百年不遇的。
43.How dare you!
你敢!
44.In doing we learn.
经一事,长一智。
45.Get off my back.
少跟我罗嗦。
46.Keep your temper under control.
不要发脾气。
47.That's enough of your back talk.
不许你回嘴。
48.He is trying to cash in on me.
他想占我便宜。
49.Don't chicken out.Be a man.
不要退缩了。
50.I'm hard up.
我经济很困难。
51.It's full of hot air.
这是雷声大雨点小。
52.He told me to get lost.
他叫我走开。
53.What's in it for me? = What's my cut? = What's my share?
我有什么好处?
54.I got a big kick out of it.
这件事真令我开心。
55.He kicked the bucket.
他已经归天。
56.Oh!You are killing me!
笑死人了。
57.He is an operator.
(here it means a thief,a swindler,)
他是一个老滑头。
58.He passed out.
他已经昏倒了!
59.Don't be that way!
别那样!
60.You are casting pearls before swine.
你这是对牛弹琴。
61.Example is better than precept.
身教胜于言传。
62.There is no one but hopes to be rich.
没有人不想发财。
63.He really has no guts.
他真的太没骨气了。
64.He has a lot on the ball.
他很能干。
65.Wow,the car is awesome.Can I get a load of it?
哇,这车真是帅呆了。我可以骑骑看吗?
66.I'm totally maxed out.
我真是完全累坏了。
67.Give me a hand.
帮我一下忙。
68.Foot the bill.
付帐
69.You're still wet behind the ears.
你还嫩点儿。
70.He had racked his brain.
他已经绞尽脑汁了。
71.Our team gained the upper hand.
我们队占上风。
72.There go the house lights.
剧院的灯光灭了。
73.She eats like a bird.
她饭量特别小。
74.He got off on the wrong foot when he started doing.
他一开始就出师不利。
75.In her hometown ,she was a big fish in a small pond.
在她家乡,她很了不起。
76.He lives only a stone's throw from here.
他住的地方离这儿只有一箭之遥。
77.Our hopes were all gone.
我们的希望成泡影了。
78.Go ahead with your plan.I'm all for it.
进行你的计划吧,我完全赞成。
79.He has his faults,but all in all,he is a good guy.
他有不对的地方,但总的来说,他还是个不错的家伙。
80.Your explanation is as clear as mud.
你的解释一点都不清晰。
81.I'm really crazy about Michael Jackson's rock and roll.
我对麦克杰克逊的摇滚爱的发狂。
82.Their opinions on art are simply for the birds.
他们对艺术的见解真是荒唐可笑。
83.I told him to beat it.
我叫他走开。
84.I beat my brains (out) to get a job.
为了找寻工作,我伤透了脑筋。
85.When it comes to fishing,I beat him by miles.
讲到钓鱼,我比他棒的多。
86.Tell me what's your beef?
你抱怨什么?
87.I'll come back before you know it.
我很快就回来。
88.Please behave yourself before the guests.
在宾客面前你检点一点。
89.He is the man behind the curtain(scenes).
他是幕后人物。
90.You need to make a case for your suggestions before you can get them approved.
在你的建议得到批准之前,你必须提出充分的理由。
91.Don't tell others.Let sleeping dogs lie.
不要告诉别人。莫惹是非。
92.It's in God's hands and we have prepared for
the worst.
听天由命吧,我们已经做最坏的准备了。
93.When I knew I just being hired ,I jumped out of my skin.
当我被录用时,我简直欣喜若狂。
94.The whole team was in the doghouse because they lost the game.
由于输掉比赛,整队都陷入困境。
95.I looked high and low for my pen.
我到处找我的钢笔。
96.He got to know the ins and outs of the accidents.
他终于弄清了事件的前因后果。
97.He left his wife high and dry.
他抛弃了他的妻子。
98.If you remain stuck-up,they will often try to pull your leg.
假如你还是目中无人的话,他们会常常想愚弄你的。
99.How can we know whether a person is on the up and up by his appearance!
从一个人的外表我们怎么能知道他是坦率的呢!
100.He'll be out and about very soon.
他很快就能到户外活动了。
101.He will not turn the cold shoulder on me when I am in trouble.
他不会在我困难时疏远我。
102.It's no use talking to him ,you'll only waste your breath.
和谈谈话没有一点用处,你只是在白费唇舌。
103.You gave me an awful pain in the neck.
你真让我觉得讨厌。
104.The lummox has loused up their company's whole business.
那个傻大个儿把公司的买卖搞的一团糟。
105.When he asked me to marry him , I felt in a bind.
当他向我求婚时,我感到很窘迫。
106.She knows her beans in working.
她在工作方面很精通。
107.In his speech Mr.Brown laid stress on the sagacity of cats.
布朗先生在他的讲座里强调了猫的灵性。
108.The criminal tried to grasp at a straw by feigning mental disorder.
罪犯装疯,企图抓住一根救命稻草。
109.Since he is as silly as a goose , he will not get a promotion.
既然他如此的不开窍,他肯定得不到提升的。
110.The mayor really made a slip of the tongue!
市长可真是说溜了嘴了!
111.John's friends said he was mistaken , but he stood his ground.
约翰的朋友都说他错了,可是他仍然坚持己见。
112.You can trust him , for he's honest through and through.
你可以信任他,他是真正诚实的。
113.Trying to study a lesson for one class during another class is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.
在一节课中读另一节课的功课等于是拆东墙补西墙。
114.Facing his enemy , he had to play it by ear.
面队敌人,他只有随机应变了。
115.He is in a jam.
他可糟了。
116.I will make it up to you.
我一定会补偿你的。
117.To me it is just peaputs.
对我来讲,这太不值得了。
118.You don't have a care in the world.
你不知人间烦恼为何物。
119.I smelled a smell of cooking.
我闻到了烧菜做饭的味道。
120.He ran his horse up the hill.
他策马跑上小山。
121.Can't you do anything right?
成事不足,败事有余。
122.Don't nag me!
别在我面前唠叨!
123.I don't know what has set my nerves on edge these days。
这几天不知是什么把我搞的心烦意乱的。
124.With things as such ,we'll have to let things slide。
事到如今,我们也只好顺其自然了。
125.Let bygones be bygones.We are still friends.
让过去的过去吧,我们还是好朋友。
126.No big talk with me.I have your number.
别跟我瞎吹了,我又不是不了解你底细。
127.I am the apple of my grandma's eye.
我是姥姥的掌上明珠。
128.I wouldn't freeload.
我可不愿意白吃白喝别人。
129.I didn't know.I was only a shot in the dark.
我不知道。那只是我瞎猜的。
130.Why should you always like to rib others?
你为什么总拿别人开心?
131.They drove the car and went out for a spin.
他们开车到外面兜风去了。
132.There must be someone who had put him up to that.
肯定有人怂恿他去干那件事。
133.Give me a break.
饶了我吧。
134.Take a hike!
哪儿凉快哪儿歇着去吧。
135.Get over yourself.
别自以为是。
136.Get the hell ou
滚开。
137.I detest you.
我恨你。
138.You're away too far.
你太过分了。
139.You've ruined everything.
全都让你搞砸了。
140.You're a pain in the ass.
你这讨厌鬼。
141.You're a joke.
你真是一个小丑。
142.You're impossible.
你真不可救药。
143.You're an asshole.
你这缺德鬼。
144.You're a jerk.
你是个废物/混球。
145.Really?You're so bad!
真的吗?你真棒!
146.Someday,when your ship comes in ,you'll build your dream house.
总有一天,当你有钱时,你会建造你梦想的家。
147.Someday you're going to have to face the music for your actios.
总有一天,你将不得不承担自己的行为所带来的后果。
148.We could make beautiful music together.
我们也许会是和谐幸福的一对儿。
149.I'll speak aganist anything I know to be wrong.
我会对所有我认为不对的事情直言不讳。
150.It's supposed to start 6:30 sharp,but I doubt it will.
应该是六点半整的,但是我觉得够呛。
151.The brothers differ from each other in their interests.
这几个兄弟各有所好。
153.Stone has always had a crush on baby.
石头一直在爱着宝贝。
154.I am sick of always waiting for you!
你老让我等你,真是烦透了。
155.I'd like to repair our differences.
我愿意消除一下我们之间的分歧。
156.This experience will make me show my true color.
这种经历将使我暴露我的本性。
157.As far as policy is concerned ,I have to say something.
谈到政策,我得说几句。
158.They are only too delighted to accept the invitation.
他们非常乐意接受邀请。
159.He has a nice sum of money put away.
他存了一大笔钱。
160.He dare not tell us his evil conduct.
他不敢告诉我们他的罪行。
161.This joke has gone a little too far.
这个玩笑开得有点过火了。
162.You should have a mind of your own.
你必须有自己的主见。
163.He is heavily insured against death.
他给自己投了巨额的人身保险。
164.Close the door after you ,please.
请随手关门。
165.Don't pull the chairs about,boys!
不要把椅子拖来拖去,孩子们!
166.He is capable of any crime.
他什么样的坏事都能干得出来。
167.I have no direction ,I just go wherever the winds blows.
我没有方向,只是随风到处飘。
168.He struck his attacker on the ear.
他打了那个攻击者一耳光。
169.I have a bottomed-down mind.
我是个没什么独到见解的人。
170.Mind your own business!
管好你自己的事!
171.I'm a man of my word.
我是个讲信用的人。
172.Look at this mess!
看看这烂摊子!
173.Every time I see you ,you leave me out in the cold.
每次我见到你,你都不理睬我。
174.I hope your idea takes wings.
我希望你的想法成真。
175.If the shoe fits ,wear it.
如果是真的就承认吧。
176.I'd do anything to see you crack a smile.
为了博得你的一笑,我情愿做任何事。
177.If you don't want to lose me,you'd better lay it on the line.
如果你不想失去我,就最好一五一十地告诉我。
178.I've had enough of your garbage.
我听腻了你的废话。
179.I'm not going to put up with this!
我再也受不了啦!
180.He is about to explode.
他的肺都快要气炸了。
181.I only have eyes for you.
我只在乎你。
182.I haven't got a good house,but I'll keep a good house.
我没有好的房子,但是我会招待周到的。
183.I'm fed up.
我厌倦了。
184.He has a remarkable memory.
他有惊人的记忆力。
185.He walks with a quick pace.
他快步走路。
186.She used to learn everything by rote.
她过去总是死记硬背。
187.I can't help it.
我没办法。
188.Pull over!
把车子开到旁边。
189.At heart,he's very nice.
实际上,他是个善良的人。
190.Once or twice a month we live it up.
我们一个月有一两次过享乐的生活。
191.We'd better hit the road or we'll be late.
我们最好早点上路吧,不然要迟到了。
192.I can't go out.I have to hit the book.
我不能出去,我还要预习功课。
193.I hear this book sells like hot cakes.
我听说现在这书很畅销。
194.It was touch and go for a while.
有段时间形势相当危急。
195.I'm not a spring chicken any more.
我不再是没经验的人。
196.Don't take it to heart.
别往心里去。
197.He who seizes the right moment is the right man.
谁把握机遇就能心想事成。
198.So that explains it.
原来如此。
199.I'm all fingers and thumbs this mornings.
今天早上我的手怎么这么笨呢?
200.He gave me a black look.
他恶狠狠地看了我一眼。
201.They treated us white.
他们公平地对待我们。
202.I'm a chair zucchini.
我是个电脑迷。
203.John took out a loan to pay his tuition.
约翰贷款交付学费。
204.All set?
一切妥当?
205.Fresh!
好有型。
206.Encore!
再来一次。
207.Gorgeous!
美极了。
208.Farewell!
再见啦。
209.Never cackle till your egg is laid.
事未完成莫夸耀。
210.The good seaman is known in bad weather.
惊涛骇浪,方显英雄本色。
211.She is coming on to you.
她对你有意思。
212.He will give me cradle-to-grave protection.
他将保护我一生一世。
213.She is as mild as a dove.
她很温和。
214.Some things rub them the wrong way.
他们被惹怒了。
215.He has never rested on his laurels.
他从不满足目前的成就。
216.The news came as a bombshell.
这个消息犹如晴天霹雳。
217.These are more than old wives´ tales.
这些可不是无稽之谈。
218.That’ll save your skin.
那可帮你度过难关。