超实用!50句地道英语习语,背完口语棒棒哒!

今天为大家推荐50个很接地气儿的英文习语,做人一定要接地气对吧!那学会了这些,能帮你和外国人更自然的交流,还能留下个不错的印象呢~

好啦!赶快跟我一起练起来吧!

1、cry wolf  

喊“狼来了”;发假警报

  • Don't cry wolf unless you really need help. 

    除非你真的需要帮助,不然不要发“狼来了”的假警报。

2、freak flag

独特之处,另类的一面

  • But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high, high. 

    而我却将挥舞那愤世嫉俗的旗帜,并把它举得更高,更高。

3、get out of hand

失控

  • The country's global clout can get out of hand. 

    这个国家的全球影响力可能会失控。

4、get your head around it

明白,搞清楚

  • I didn't get my head around the fact yet.

    我至今没搞清楚事情的真相。

5、dig in your heels / stick to your guns

坚持立场

  • Wednesday and Thursday, you dig in your heels. 

    星期三和星期四,你坚定了自己的目标。

6、pound the pavement

徘徊于街头找工作

  • I’d been pounding the pavement for months .

    我在街上转了好几个月找工作。

7、pull a rabbit out of a hat

使出奇招

  • my partner pulled a rabbit out of his hat and we landed a major contract.

    我的合伙人使出奇招,帮我们拉来了一个大单子。

8、leave no stone unturned

想方设法,千方百计

  • I' ll leave no stone unturned until I find out who did this.

    我会想尽一切办法,找出此事背后的那个人。

9、get it out of your system

不吐不快,不做不爽

  • I had to get it out of my system, so I told her I had found another woman.

    我真的不想再憋着了——我告诉她,我喜欢上了另一个女人。

10、step up your game

有更好的表现

  • If you want to win this competition, you' ll have to step up your game.

    如果你想赢得这场比赛,你必须得有更好的表现。

11、you rock

你真棒

  • Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!

    罗布,谢谢你提供的票。你真厉害!

12、cut sb some slack 

给(某人)方便;对(某人)网开一面

  • - Andrew's late again.

    - 安德鲁又迟到了。

  • - Cut him some slack - his wife's just had a baby.

    - 对他就网开一面吧——他妻子刚生小孩。

13、come out swinging

开始相互攻击

  • Hillary and Trump came out swinging again.

    希拉里和特朗普又开始互掐。

14、go up in flames

毁于一旦,受到重创

  • His career went up in flames when he was jailed for theft.

    他因为偷盗坐牢后事业受到了重创。

15、pull yourself together

恢复镇定;控制自己

  • Pull yourself together and get on with your job, will you?

    你一定要振作起来,工作还得继续,不是吗?

16、crunch time

关键时刻

  • I’m not getting enough sleep these days. It’s crunch time at work.

    我最近睡眠不够。正赶上工作的关键时期。

17、once in a blue moon

少有地

  • My sister lives in Alaska, so I only see her once in a blue moon.

    我姐姐住在阿拉斯加,所以我很少去看她。

18、tar sb with the same brush

认为……是一丘之貉

  • Because they worked so closely in the same department, John was tarred with the same brush as Tim.

    由于在同一个部门工作,关系又非常密切,约翰被认为跟蒂姆是一路人。

19、hang in there

坚持住;挺住

  • Hang in there , John.

    坚持住,约翰。

20、shoot from the hip

鲁莽行动(或讲话)

  • Miss Lee, I have to apologize for shooting from the hip and yelling at you for losing the papers.

    李小姐,我必须向你道歉。我由于找不到文件而对你发火太鲁莽了。

21、be a catch

值得追求的人,宜婚对象

  • John is taking me out tonight. He’s such a catch, I hope he’ll propose.

    约翰今晚带我出去了。他是个靠谱的结婚对象,我希望他能向我求婚。

22、running on fumes

非常疲惫,就快熬不住了

  • I haven’t slept for twenty hours and I’m running on fumes.

    我已经有20个小时没睡了,快熬不住了。

23、sell (sb) out

背叛;出卖

  • French farmers feel they've been sold out by their government in the negotiations.

    法国农场主感到在谈判中他们被政府出卖了。

24、sell sb (on sth)

说服某人(做某事)

  • OK, you’ve sold me. I’ll go with you.

    好吧,你说服我了。我跟你一起去。

25、blow sb away

使(某人)大为惊讶;令(某人)非常高兴

  • The ending will blow you away.

    结局会让你无比惊喜。

26、blow smoke

蒙人,骗人,放烟雾弹

  • I’m not blowing smoke. I have honestly read War and Peace by Tolstoy.

    我没骗你,我真得读过托尔斯泰的《战争与和平》。

27、couldn't care less

(表示强调)一点也不在乎

  • - That man stole a bottle of wine from the shop.

    - 那人从商店偷了一瓶葡萄酒。

  • - Oh, really? I couldn’t care less.

    - 是吗?管我P事。

28、chuffed to bits

高兴,兴奋

  • Hey, thanks for the present! I’m chuffed to bits.

    嗨,谢谢你的礼物!我很喜欢。

29、feel under the weather

生病;觉得不舒服

  • I'm feeling a bit under the weather - I think I've caught a cold.

    我觉得有点不舒服——可能是感冒了。

30、tickled pink

高兴极了

  • I was tickled pink to be invited.

    能受到邀请我真是开心死了。

31、by the skin of your teeth

侥幸成功,勉强做成

  • I hadn’t studied much, but passed the test by the skin of my teeth.

    我没怎么学,但侥幸过了,离挂科只差一点点。

32、comfort food

(难过或焦虑时食用的)安慰食品,开心食品

  • Fat and sugar – the twin pillars of the best comfort food.

    脂肪和糖类是安慰食品的两大支柱。

33、skeleton staff

(企业或机构运转需要的)最基本的工作人员

  • The hospital has a skeleton staff at weekends.

    该医院周末只有必需岗位上的工作人员会上班。

34、baker's dozen

十三

  • We had a baker's dozen of eggs for fourteen of us at the time.

    当时我们十四个人有十三个鸡蛋。

35、let the chips fall where they may

随它去,不去管结果了

  • Kathy decided to risk her money on the investment, and let the chips fall where they may.

    凯西决定冒险投资,不去管结果了。

36、no-brainer

不费脑筋之事;容易处理的问题

  • That last test question was a complete no-brainer.

    最后那道测试题丝毫不费脑筋。

37、a stone's throw

很短的距离,掷石之遥

  • The cottage is just a stone's throw from the sea.

    小屋离海只有一箭之遥。

38、hear (sth) on/through the grapevine

从传闻中听说;通过道听途说获悉;听小道消息知道

  • I heard on the grapevine that he was leaving - is it true?

    我听到传闻说他要离开了——是真的吗?

39、sit on the fence

骑墙观望,犹豫不决

  • You can't sit on the fence any longer - you have decide whose side you're on.

    你不能再骑墙观望了——你必须决定支持谁。

40、take sth with a pinch of salt

对……半信半疑,对……有所怀疑

  • You have to take everything she says with a pinch of salt.

    你不能完全相信她的话。

41、freak (sb) out

气疯了,乐呆了,吓坏了

  • He freaked out when he heard he'd got the job.

    得知自己被录用后,他乐坏了。

42、piece of cake

非常容易的事情

  • The exam was a piece of cake.

    考试很简单。

43、hit the nail on the head

说中要害,说到点子上

  • Your analysis really hit the nail on the head. 

    你的分析确实一针见血。

44、cost an arm and a leg

花了一大笔钱

  • These shoes cost me an arm and a leg.

    这双鞋花了我一大笔钱。

45、hit the books

学习;做功课

  • I can't go out tonight. I've got to hit the books.

    我今晚不能出门,我得做功课。

46、bite off more than you can chew

承担力所不及的事;不自量力

  • Don't bite off more than you can chew. 

    你不要贪多嚼不烂。

47、when pigs fly

永无可能;决不可能

  • I will buy that house when pigs fly. It’s just so expensive.

    除非猪会飞我就去买那个房子,太贵了。

48、judge a book by its cover

以貌取人

  • You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

    你不应该以貌取人哦。

49、miss the boat

(因行动慢而)错过机会,坐失良机

  • He missed the boat by waiting till today to try to buy some tickets.

    他一直等到今天才想去买票,错过了机会。

50、go the extra mile

付出比别人期望中还要大的努力

  • He's a nice guy, always ready to go the extra mile for his friends.

    他是个好人,帮助朋友从来不怕麻烦。

再附赠一个:

51、shape up or ship out

行就行,不行滚(不改进就解雇你)

  • This is the last time I’m telling you to arrive on time. Shape up or ship out.

    这是我最后一次跟你说:别再迟到了。你要是再迟到就卷铺盖走人吧。

好了,这么多地道说法,你get了么?那哪一句是你最想表达呢?

(0)

相关推荐