【进阶英文】表达生病不舒服的习语!Some “sick” idioms!

习语的表达力很强,比直白的描述更为生动。多掌握一些习语,对丰富你的英语表达能力非常有帮助!

今天我们就学习几个关于生病或不舒服的习语。先学常用的一个:

under the weather

生病;不舒服

I feel sort of under the weather today.

我今天有不舒服。

Whatever I ate for lunch is making me feel a bit under the weather.

午餐吃的不知什么让我有点不舒服。

* * * * * * * * * *

under the weather指的是轻微的生病、不舒服的感觉,如果想表达病得较厉害,可以用:

(as) sick as a dog

病得厉害

I haven't been avoiding you. I've just been sick as a dog.

我不是要避开你,我只是生病得厉害。

I had to go to the doctor on Monday because I was as sick as a dog all weekend.

我星期一得去看医生,因为我整个周末都病得厉害。

* * * * * * * * * *

如果是轻微的不舒服,有一点生病或烦躁的感觉,可以用这个习语:

out of sorts

身体不适

I've been out of sorts for a day or two. I think I'm coming down with something.

我这两天都不太舒服。我想我要得病了。

The baby is out of sorts today. Perhaps he's cutting a tooth.

小婴儿今天很躁动的样子,可能他长牙了。

* * * * * * * * * *

如果是想表达染上某病症,用这个表达:

come down with

染;得(某种病)

Susie came down with a bad cold and had to cancel her trip.

苏茜得了重感冒,只好取消了旅行。

I didn't go to work because I came down with the flu.

我没去上班,因为我得了流感。

* * * * * * * * * *

如果你have a sore throat or a cough,嗓子干或疼痛,而且严重到影响到说话,可以用这个成语表达:

have a frog in one's throat

失音或嗓音嘶哑

Teaching was difficult today. I had a frog in my throat all morning.

今天上课很困难,我一早上都失音。

* * * * * * * * * *

如果是需要动手术,就可以用这个成语来表达:

go under the knife

动手术

He was due to go under the knife today.

他约了今天动手术。

I've been under the knife several times.

我动过几次手术了。

Now it's your time to open your mouth and practice! 张开嘴巴练起来!


(0)

相关推荐