经典双语美文|What Moments Did You Feel The Loneliest?
What Moments Did You Feel The Loneliest?
哪些时刻你觉得最孤独?
Probably when my mom died.
可能是母亲过世的时候。
You just feel empty when someone like that leaves.
当你爱的人离开了你,你只会感觉空落落的。
Also, shortly after I changed schools from a small private school to my first time ever in a public school.
还有就是我第一次从小型私立学校转学到公立学校。
It was lonely to me.
对我来说挺孤独的。
Hoping for love and affection can be a very lonely period of life.
盼望着爱能到来的那些时刻真的挺孤独的。
There was a period in my life shortly after I immigrated to the US, when I was desperately poor.
在我刚移民到美国的那段时间里,我过得很穷苦。
Being poor feels incredibly lonely.
贫穷的状态会给人难以置信的孤独感。
You can't participate in any activities.
你没办法参加任何活动。
You withdraw from your friends.
你退出你的朋友圈。
Your family doesn't remember who you are.
你的家人不记得你是谁。
The world abandons you. You barely exist.
好像世界都抛弃了你。好像你不存在一样。
When I was in school and none of the people I called 'friends' were in my classes.
上学的时候,我在班级里找不到任何一个我能称之为“朋友”的人。
I sat all on my own most days and rarely had anyone to talk to.
大部分时间我只是独自坐着,也很少有人和我说话。
I felt so lonely and awkward.
我觉得自己孤独且尴尬。
Another lonely moment I can remember is when I was first starting college and knew no one at all.
还有就是我刚上大学的时候,我一个人也不认识。
I would walk around seeing people in groups, laughing and talking and I felt so lonely and like a loser.
我到处闲逛,看着大家成群结队地说笑,我感到很孤单,就像一个loser。——西恩
It was a month after a friend of mine committed suicide.
最孤独的时刻是我朋友自杀后的那一个月。
We always sat across from each other at lunch; we smiled, ate, laughed, and talked always.
午餐时我们总是坐在彼此的对面,我们一起笑,一起吃饭,一起开心,总有说不完的话。
She was always the light in my dark day.
她是我黑暗生活中的光明。
She was the only one who talked to me in that class.
也是班级里唯一和我说话的人。
But after she died, the seat across from me was empty, I stared at it, imagined she was there.
她去世后,我对面的座位是空的,我盯着那个位置,幻想她还坐在那里。
I talked to no one. The cafeteria was loud and crowded.
我不和任何人说话。学校的食堂人声鼎沸。
But in my mind it was quiet, lonely.
但我的思绪却是安静而孤独的。
There was a void in my heart.
好像在我的心上掘出一个空洞。
No matter how many times I prayed, she was still gone.
无论我祈祷多少次,她仍然离开了。
And she wasn't coming back. It was a very dark time for me.
而且再也不会回来。对我而言那是一段非常黑暗的时期。
I never felt more alone, and there hasn't been a moment since that could top that.
也从未感到如此的孤独,从那以后也再也没有哪个时刻能让我感到如此的孤独。
I feel the loneliest when I am alone watching others be happy.
我最孤独的时候,就是当我独自一人,看着别人开心的时候。
Sometimes you just can't be happy so you feel isolated from all the other people because they don't understand you.
有些时候你就是不开心,但大家不懂你,所以你觉得自己被孤立了。
Loneliness does not just come when you are alone;
孤独感不是只有你独自一人的时候才会到来,
it hits the hardest when you are with a group of people, yet you feel like you don't fit in.
最能击中你的,是当你身处人群之中,你却觉得无法融入的时候。