雅思口语| ‘支持’就是support,‘解释’就是explain吗?
1 stick at sth.=work hard=continue constantly at 继续; 坚持
He will stick at it until he succeeds. 他将坚持干下去,直到成功。
I shall stick at the job until I've finished it. 这项工作我要坚持到做完为止。
How long did you stick at your first job?你的第一份工作干了多久?
2 stick by sb.= support sb. 支持
We must stick by our friends. 我们必须忠于我们的朋友。
We stick by our team, no matter what. 不管怎样,我们忠于自己的球队。
I am going to stick by my decisions. 我坚持我的想法,没有改变。
3 break sth. down=explain sth. 解释
Yes, here we go, break it down. 好的,我们开始啦,听我仔细道来。
I don't understand this idea at all, you have to break it down for me. 这个主意我根本没有明白,你给我详细解释一下。
4 turn sth. around=make sth. better 救活了,好转(经济状况,公司前景)
He turned the business around. 他把公司救活了。
Things will turn around for you. 事情都会好转的。
5 turn against sb. =start to dislike sb. 开始讨厌某人
My dog turned against me. 我的狗开始讨厌我。
6 turn up=appear 出现
We might need more food, depending on how many people turn up. 我们可能需要更多的食物,这取决于有多少人到来。
I don't know when or where or if it would ever turn up, but it didn't really matter. 我不知道瓶子会在何时何地出现,甚至不知道它是否会出现,但这真的不重要。
The book you have lost will turn up someday. 你丢失的那本书总有一天会找到的。
7 hold in=control 忍住,忍受
I try to hold in my sneezes. 我努力忍住喷嚏。
I shouldn't hold in all that anger. 我不应该憋着火气。
8 fall out=become worse 恶化
I fell out with my parents. 我和父母关系恶化了。
9 fall for sb. =love sb. deeply 一见钟情,被迷惑
I fell for her badly.我对她一见钟情。
10 pull me apart=make me sad 让我伤心
It pulled me apart to see them together. 当我看到她们在一起的时候很伤心。