ASAP意思虽然是”尽快“,但它跟”尽快“没有绝对的关系

ASAP 是 as soon as possible  的缩略形式,它的意思是”尽快,尽早“,因此很多人都把它当作 right away,也就是催促某人要马上做某事,其实 ASAP 的最严格的翻译是没有暗示迅速或匆忙的。

As soon as possible 的完整形式应该是 as soon as it is possible for me to do it,也就是如果有时间和资源的话,那么就可以尽快去做,没有的话,那就只能被动地等,例如:

Please send it as soon as possible.

请尽快把它寄出去。

We will get your order to you as soon as possible.

我们将会把您的订货尽早送达。

I now look forward to going back to work as soon as possible.

我现在渴望尽早回到工作岗位。

Let's get it over with as soon as possible, rather than drag it out.

我们尽快把它完成吧,不要再拖了。

Could you let me know asap if this is something you would consider?

你能尽快告诉我你是否会考虑这个问题吗?

When do you need it?

你什么时候需要它?

ASAP.

尽快。

因此 ASAP 这种表达方式很模糊,可能让别人把它理解为他们什么时候可以处理某事,但现实中邮件的往来中都是希望对方尽快做某事的,哪怕对方没时间或资源,也要尽快争取。

其实我们可以用其他的表达方式来表达真正的“尽快,尽早”,常见的有 At your earliest convenience,Right away,Urgent/urgently,Immediately,Without delay,At once,Soon,Quickly,Promptly,Straight away 等,例如:

at your earliest convenience:

Please reply at your earliest convenience.

请尽早答复。

right away:

I want it sent right away.

马上把它发出去。

urgent/urgently:

He asked to see the manager for something urgent.

他有急事求见经理。

I need to speak to her urgently.

我得马上跟她谈谈。

immediately:

She shut her eyes and fell asleep immediately.

她闭上眼,立刻就睡着了。

without delay:

We'll send you a quote without delay.

我们会立刻送一份报价给你。

at once:

If necessary I can come at once.

如果有必要,我可以马上来。

soon:

We need to get going soon.

我们需要马上出发。

quickly:

He replied to my letter very quickly.

他立即答复了我的信。

promptly:

She deals with all the correspondence promptly and efficiently.

她迅速有效地处理全部来往信件。

straight away:

I'll do it straight away.

这件事我马上就做。

从时间的紧迫感程度上来看,as soon as possible 确实没有紧迫到必须马上要做的程度,因此在邮件来往中要根据实际的情况合理选用表达方式,不要造成对方所做的不是你所想的。

(0)

相关推荐