实用初级英语18|Applying for a visa 办签证
句子:
Unit 18 Applying for a visa
第十八单元 办签证
Sentence patterns
基本句型
171. I want to apply for a business visa.
我想申请一张因公护照。
172. Can you tell me what procedure I have to go?
你能告诉我得经过什么手续吗?
173. Do I have to go to the embassy in person?
我必须亲自去使馆吗?
174. May I have your name, please?
请问你叫什么名字?
175. What's your purpose of your visit?
你出国的目的是什么?
176. I want to go there to attend a sales meeting in New York.
我想去参加纽约的一个交易会。
177. How long are you going to stay?
你要待多少时间?
178. I'm not going to stay in the States for good.
我不会在美国定居。
179. I think my English is sufficient.
我认为我的英语是足够用的。
180. Will you please fill out this form?
请你填一下这张表好吗?
Situational Dialogue
场景对话
A: Hello, this is Xiao Wang. May I speak to Marry?
你好,我是小王。我能和玛丽讲话吗?
B: Hi, Xiao Wang. This is Mary. How are you doing?
嗨,小王,我就是玛丽。你好吗?
A: I'm fine, thank you. I've received the scholarship to study in California. I'm going there.
我很好,谢谢你。我得到了加利福尼亚大学的奖学金。要去那儿学习。
B: Really? Congratulations! When do you plan to leave?
真的?祝贺你!你打算什么时候走?
A: This September. But I have to apply for a visa first. I want to know what procedures I have to go through. That's why I'm calling you.
今年九月。不过我得先申请签证。我想知道我得通过哪些手续。这就是我打电话的原因。
B: Well, first, you can telephone or write to the American embassy to tell them about your case. I think they will ask you to fill out some forms.
嗯,你可以先给美国使馆打电话或写信。告诉他们你的情况,我想他们会让你填一些表格。
A: OK, that's not complicated.
好的,那不复杂。
B: Actually I guess you will have to go to the embassy in person and talk to the officers there.
实际上我估计你还得亲自去使馆和那儿的官员谈一谈。
A: Well, then I should get ready for it.
噢,那我就得做好准备了。
B: Yeah, I think so. Good luck.
对。我想是的。祝你好运。
A: Thank you for your help. I'll call you later.
谢谢你的帮助我以后给你打电话。
B: Ok. Bye.
好的。再见。
A: Ok. Bye.
好的。再见。
C: What's your name, please?
请问你叫什么名字?
D: Wang Yongmei.
王永梅。
C: Why are you applying for a visa?
你为什么申请答证?
D: I want to immigrate to the States because my daughter works and lives there.
我想移民去美国,因为我女儿在那儿生活工作。
C: How long has your daughter been in the States?
你女儿在美国多长时间了?
D: About nine years.
大约九年了。
C: What's her job?
她是做什么工作的?
D: She is a teacher in a high school. She teaches Chinese.
她是一个中学老师,她教中文。
C: Ok, thank you. Could you please fill out this form?
好的。谢谢你。你能填一下这张表格吗?
D: All right.
好的。
Substitution Drills
替换练习
1. I want to apply for a visa.
我想申请一个签证。
A scholarship. 一份奖学金
A working position in your company. 一个在你们公司的职位
2. Can you tell me what procedures I have to go through?
你能告诉我,我得经过什么手续吗?
What I should do? 我应该做些什么?
How to fill out this form? 怎么填这张表格?
How to answer these questions? 怎么回答那些问题?
3. You'll have to go the embassy in person.
你得亲自去大使馆。
Answer some questions. 回答一些问题。
Fill out the forms. 填那些表格。
Learn to speak English. 学说英语。
4. What's your purpose of your visit?
你此行……的目的是什么?
your going abroad? 出国
your calling me? 给我打电话
your argument? 辩论
5. I'm not going to stay in the States for good.
我不会永远留在美国。
do it for you. 为你做这件事。
answer your questions. 回答你的问题。
tell you the story. 给你讲那个故事。
6. Will you please fill out these forms?
请你填一下这些表格好吗?
give me a hand? 帮我个忙
get out of here? 从这儿出去
wash your dishes? 把你的盘子洗了
7. I think my English is sufficient.
我认为我的英语是足够用的。
going to the States is not easy. 去美国不容易
I'll be very happy. 我会很幸福
the cat is lovely. 这只猫很可爱
Words and Expressions
生词和表达
Apply v.申请
Visa n.签证
Procedure n.程序,手续
Embassy n.使馆
Person n.人,本人
Purpose n.目的
Visit v.访问
Attend v.参加
Sales n.销售
New York n.纽约
Stay v.停留
For good 永远,永久
Sufficient adj.够用,足够
Fill v.填、充
Form n.表
Scholarship n.奖学金
Case n.案例,情况
Complicated adj.复杂
Actually adv.实际上
Guess v.猜测,猜想
Officer n.官员,办公人员
Prepare v.准备
The States n.美国
Immigrate v.移民