“Here's your change”翻译成“这是你的机会”?有一个误会才是真的
high season
旺季
The plane ticket is very difficult to reserve in the high season for tourism.
在旅游旺季,很难订到机票。
对话
A:When is the high season for tourism in Beijing?
北京的旅游旺季是什么时候?
B:Spring and summer.
春天和夏天。
“旺季”还可以用in season或者peak season表示
Strawberries are cheaper when they're in season.
草莓在上市季节很便宜。
We need extra help during the peak season.
我们在最繁忙的季节需要额外的人手。
low season
淡季
Traveling is very cheap in the low season.
在淡季旅游特别便宜。
对话
A:Now it is the low season;you can consider the double room for $50.
现在是淡季,您可以考虑一下50美元的双人间。
B:I think the double room for $40 is better.
我觉得这个40美元的双人间更好一些。
“淡季”还可以用off season或者slack season表示
Although it was off season, the hotel was fully occupied.
虽然是淡季,这家酒店却客满了。
Many shops have bargain sale during the slack season.
很多商店在淡季进行大减价销售。
clearance sale
清仓大甩卖
Nancy bought a coat at a clearance sale.
南希在商店清仓大甩卖时买了一件大衣。
对话
A:Lisa,there is a clearance sale at the New World shopping mall.
丽莎,新世界购物中心正在举行清仓大甩卖。
B:Really?Let's go there and buy some clothes.
真的吗?那咱们去买几件衣服吧。
flea market
跳蚤市场
所谓的“跳蚤市场”就是出售廉价品和旧货的露天市场,这个词本来就是直译英文短语而来的,所以很好记。“跳蚤”用英语说是flea,所以“跳蚤市场”用英语表示就是flea market。
The furniture was bought at the flea market.
这些家具是在跳蚤市场买的。
对话
A:Have you been to the flea market?
你去过跳蚤市场吗?
B:Yes.We can buy a lot of good things at the flea market.
去过。我们可以在跳蚤市场里买好多好东西。
be taken in
上当
中文里的“上当”就是“被欺骗”的意思英文中除了可以用be cheated外还可以用be taken in这个短语
I was taken in when I was shopping yesterday.
我昨天买东西的时候上当了。
对话
A:I was taken in last night.
昨晚我上当了。
B:What happened?
发生了什么事?
此外,
还可以说be sucked in by a scheme
或者be fooled
Don't be fooled by his appearance.
不要被他的外表所蒙蔽。
change
零钱
“零钱”是“钱”的一种
但是它的英文里面却没有money一词
而是直接用change来表示的
He puts his change in a money box for the children.
他把零钱放进一个钱箱里,给孩子们。
对话
A:Do you have change for 100 yuan?
您有100块钱的零钱吗?
B:Let me see.
我看一下啊。
名词的“零钱”可以用change表示
而表示动作的“换零钱”也是这个词
比如:
Can you change 50 yuan?
你能换开50元钱吗?
今天的内容就是这些了