[第267次听写]pumpkin等于小可爱?
我是Wind, 以前是字幕组组长. 我每天早上听写1分钟美剧, 已经坚持8个月了. 你想不想找一种轻松愉快的方式提升自己的英语? 跟我一起每天做听写吧!
Wind大长图节选
Hello, pumpkin. Hello, little baldy bean.
Hi, pumpkin. Daddy will be home soon, ok?
pumpkin=(US) A term of endearment for someone small and cute.
美国人常用pumpkin来称呼自己的孩子
bald=adj 光头的 baldy=n 秃子 /ˈbɔldi/
bean这个查了老半天, 终于找到一个符合的意思
bean=(informal)(dated) a person’s head, especially when regarded as a source of common sense
dated表示过时的
虽然这个人类的婴儿是有头发的, 不是秃子; 但是相比sloth等动物而言, 人类身体上的皮毛最少的, 所以baldy的称呼也算恰当
所以baldy bean就是指这个光秃秃的没有毛的小毛孩的头
视频答案
从第141篇开始, 我不再放出我自己听写的版本, 而是改为在答案上标记重难点, 大家特别注意一下我加粗的地方.
1 Where’s the baby?
婴儿去哪了?
2 You lost it? Sid.
你弄丢了? Sid!
3 It’s so ugly. Positively adorable.
它真丑哎. 简直是丑萌丑萌的
4 Hello, pumpkin. Hello, little baldy bean.
嗨, 小可爱. 哈啰, 小毛孩
5 Where’d you find it?
你在哪找到它的?
6 (Ahh), The poor kid, all alone in the wild.
这可怜的孩子, 一个人在荒郊野外
7 Sabers were closing in on him. So I just snatched him.
剑齿虎在向他逼近. 所以我就把他夺过来了
8 So brave.
真英勇啊
9 Yeah, well, he needed me,
嗯, 他需要我嘛
10 and I only wish I had one of my own, too.
我多么希望我能有一个自己的儿子
11 Really? I find that attractive in a male.
真的? 我觉得那很有魅力
12 Alas. Who wouldn’t want a family, I always say.
哎. 谁不想要一个家呢, 我常常说
13 Where’ve you been hiding?
你这么久都藏到哪去了?
14 Yeah, well, you know…
嗯, 你知道的…
15 Cute kid, huh? So, so as I was saying,ladies…
很可爱的婴儿, 哈? 所以正如我刚才所说的, 姑娘们…
16 Hey. Hi, Manny.
嗨, Manny
17 What’s the matter with you?
你有什么毛病呀?
18 Excuse me, ladies. You just keep marinating and I’ll be right back.
失陪一下, 姑娘们. 你们继续泡, 我马上回来