我黑我漂亮

Kenyan model Olivia Sang wants to em-power women of all skin tones.

肯尼亚模特奥利维亚.桑想要鼓舞所有肤色的女人们。
She tells us stories about how she hopes to challenge what is known as colorism, in the fashion industry.

她告诉我们关于她希望挑战时尚行业内的肤色歧视的故事。
Colourism is prejudice against people who have a darker skin tone - and/or  the preferential treatment of those  who are of the same race but lighter-skinned.

肤色歧视是一种对深色调皮肤的人们的偏见——还有/或者那些对同一种族中皮肤颜色更浅的人们的优待。

I would not trade my skin for anything in the world.

我是拿什么都不会换掉我的肤色的。

If I had to come back in another life, I will still choose to come back as a black girl.

假如有来世,我还是会选择做一个黑人女孩儿。

I am Olivia Sang and I am a fashion model.

我是奥利维亚.桑,我是一名时装模特。

I came from a humble beginning, it was a happier life.

我出身低微,不过那样的生活会更开心。

I got a contract from a good agency in South Africa.

在南非我从一个很好的经纪人那里拿到了一份合约。

I was shooting a campaign for a clothing company.

我当时为一家服装公司的宣传活动进行拍摄。

I didn't know much of what it was, until I started seeing my face in stores.

知道我开始在商店看到自己的脸,我之前还搞不清怎么回事。

When I was growing up people were teasing you about being too dark.

我从小到大人们都会开玩笑说我太黑了。

I used to think that I am being over sensitive.

我过去以为是自己太敏感了。

But it really is something that sits with you, and it makes you think that:'I am not beautiful.’

不过这些评价会一直跟随着你,会让你觉得:“我不漂亮。”

Within the community you still get a darker skinned black girl,being looked at a certain type of way.

在社区里你仍然是一个更黑皮肤的黑人女孩,会有人用某种眼光来看待你。

Colourism is real and I hope, one day, we can all eradicate colorism because all black is beautiful.

肤色歧视是真实存在的,我希望有一天,我们大家可以摒弃肤色歧视,因为所有的黑色的也是漂亮的。

感谢关注

世界那么大,一起去看看吧

ID:跟amber一起看世界

(0)

相关推荐